VSS Bonnet Solar Panels for Toyota Landcruiser 70 SeriesRegular price $751.95
Toyota Landcruiser 70 Series
Introducing the VSS System for the Toyota Landcruiser 70 Series from "Vehicle Solar Solutions", the World’s First Vehicle Specific Bonnet-Mounted Solar Panel System.
- 60W of clean solar energy to keep your Land Cruiser battery topped up when the engine isn’t running.
- Rugged “Marine-Grade” construction to withstand extreme environmental conditions.
- Perfect for overlanding, camping, and the jobsite. Keep your drinks cold and equipment charged without killing your battery.
- Solar Made Simple: The optional “Plug-and-Play” complete kit includes everything you need for a clean and simple install.
- 2 year warranty.
The VSS System hard-mounts to the bonnet of your vehicle, and during daylight hours, provides a constant flow of clean solar energy to your primary or secondary vehicle batteries. This gives you the ability to run 12V accessories like fridges, phone/laptop chargers, lights, power inverters etc. without the need to start your engine and without the fear of draining your battery and leaving you stranded. The VSS system is completely plug-and-play if paired with our optional MPPT solar charge controller and can be installed in as little as 1.5 hours.
We chose the most stable and durable multilayers semi-flexible solar panel construction available to ensure that these solar panels can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free, for years.
The Future of Vehicle Charging is Here!
– Keep your vehicles battery topped up at all times: Perfect for the overlander or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery. Perfect on the jobsite for work lights and charging cordless tools.
– Extend the life of your battery: The VSS System will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
– Emergency engine starting device: If you ever manage to completely drain your battery the VSS will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure.
– Anti-glare device: Due to it’s light absorbing properties the solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the bonnet of the vehicle.
- 60 Watts of energy on the bonnet of your vehicle from a solar panel that is only 3mm thick, meaning vehicle aerodynamics are not affected and the weight of the system is negligible.
- Durable marine-grade solar panel construction. The panel is made from 8 laminated layers consisting of a Dupont Tedlar back sheet and high-tech polymers allowing it to stand up to harsh environmental conditions like rain/snow/ice/mud/rocks/sticks etc. High durability makes this panel perfect for an off-road vehicle.
- Optional Plug-and-Play MPPT solar charge controller. This waterproof unit mounts in the engine bay and is highly resistant to heat and vibration. IT automatically controls how much electricity reaches the battery and prevents over charging. The charge controller has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors to take out all of the guesswork in the setting up of the system.
- The optional but highly recommended custom cut vinyl base sheet protects the underlying vehicle paint from damage.
- Factory-like appearance. The VSS system follows the contours and edges of the bonnet perfectly giving it a seamless and sleek aesthetic.
- We add strips of 3m neoprene foam to the base of each panel. This high-density foam acts as a thermal barrier to protect your vehicle’s paint from damage and also aid in solar panel cooling.
|Maximum Power Voltage (Vmp)||16V|
|Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||19V|
|Maximum Power Current (Amp)||3.74A|
|Short Circuit Current (Amp)||4.11A|